Friday, March 19, 2010

Even the Prosecutors Know

I hope they get some solace in this, but the reality is they probably won’t," the prosecutor lamented. "The reality is they’ll never get their loved ones back. The promise of Casonya and Esme is gone forever and that’s just a horrible tragedy for them. They’re going to have to live with that for the rest of their lives.
That's what Joe Deters, the Hamilton County (that's Cincinnati) Prosecutor, said after a jury returned a death verdict yesterday.

Deters and I agree about, I think, pretty much nothing.  Or so I thought until I read that.  Turns out we do agree that it's just bullshit to believe that killing the killer will somehow heal anyone.  Murder cures nothing.  Vengence may bring some sort of satisfaction, but it doesn't bring peace.

Not even when the state does the killing.

No comments:

Post a Comment